Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Active Dreaming of Southeast Asia

It feels as if I just woke up from a dream in which the last empty page of my passport was filled with a Thai visa and the week that followed was filled with nothing less than ecstasy -- No language has yet the words to describe the feeling of night snorkeling with bioluminescent plankton under a starlit sky with an eclipsed moon only 7 degrees off the equator by the Ko-Poda Thai Island. The same can be said or unsaid about a spice garden near Kandy in Sri-Lanka where I was taught all about cooking, self-healing and alternative medicine. Needless to mention all the lovely people I met and connected with along the way, some even on esoteric levels, the incredible sunsets we witnessed pinching each other for reality checks, the temples we visited and meditated at with no notion of time or space. Some places were so sacred to me that I did not even dare photograph even before my camera broke. I made a vow to myself while I was hostage of such astounding beauty to travel more often and in more meaningful ways before I forget how to recognize faces, elephants and dragons in clouds rolling by in the sky and before the tan migrates from my skin to that of other wanderers without prior notice. I will be posting some stills at ALAgrApHY shall you wish to come along and travel with your friends.

I hope that this post inspires you to experience something even larger and then share it back and so on and so forth until we are all one in every sense of the word.

EDIT: On a similar note, I just realised that just before I left for that trip, I had a dream of bioluminiscent frogs and had no preconception of bioluminiscence in Thailand! Is that a coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment