Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sinking Venice

Going to Venice is exciting but I had already been there trice.
The biennale is an amazing biannual art festival but I had seen many of those.
What touched me in Venice was addressing more than 80 representatives from all European countries  in the Biblioteca Marciana and feasting under its renaissance ceilings. I was utterly honored.
However, what really chilled my spine and gave me goosebumps was when I witnessed Venice sinking as I was rushing my way through piazza San Marco.
While millions of you might sympathize or regard my observation as interesting, very few are the ones who will act against global warming and save the most unique and beautiful Venice from disappearing but I would be very happy if proven wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment